Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Neophyte's First Words

INTRODUCING ME


My mom was fond of reading foreign showbiz magazines, and back then she found the name Kirsten. I bet it was a celebrity’s name but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t Kirsten Stewart.

My parents are great believers of God so they decided to name me after His begotten Son, Jesus Christ. However instead of starting with a ‘C’, they spelled my name beginning with the letter ‘K’ since all my first-degree cousins’ names in my mother’s side also starts with a ‘K’.
This led to my complete name, Khristine Dee L. Montenegro. Quite long but can easily be read and pronounced. In my kindergarten years, people called me Khristine but as years passed, I am often called KD already. I kind of liked being called Khristine but I guess KD is such a unique nickname so I should bear with it.
My parents got married on my mother’s 30th birthday. They moved together in a pretty little house located at Virginia Village, Iponan, Cagayan de Oro City. After more than a year of a happy marriage, I was born. My mother gave birth in Madonna & Child Hospital, Carmen, Cagayan de Oro City. It was on the 18th day of May, 1995 at around 10:55 o’clock in the morning. My weight at birth was 2,948 grams or 6.5 pounds. I barely know what exactly happened at that moment but I figured out from my mom that my eldest cousin Kevin was very excited to meet me. I was the youngest member of the family for more than 11 years not until my little sister was born on June 1, 2006. She has a very similar name with mine, Khristine Cee. I’ve always wanted of having my own brother and sister since it was very much annoying being the youngest in both my dad’s and mom’s sides of the family.

I was baptized as a Roman Catholic on July 1, 1995. The baptismal was held together with my parents’ follow-up church wedding in Iponan Catholic Church, Iponan, Cagayan de Oro City. This caused a huge celebration as the families of Montenegro and Labis combined.

Our lives continued as we moved to the City of Butuan when I was 3. We are residing in __________________. On the other hand, I studied in Enfant Cheri Study Centre, Inc. located in Purok 1-A, Upper Doongan, Butuan City. I have been a student there for almost 13 years since pre-school up to high school. No doubt, I am very loyal to this school.
Although I am not a natural born Butuanon, we have been living here for at least 14 years and counting so we can virtually say Butuan is our home. Many memories had happened in this place which I will truthfully treasure my whole life. My family, my friends, my home, my neighbors, my school, my teachers and classmates, and all my acquaintances will positively find a space in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment